top of page

sWATT up

Here you'll find lots of interesting stats and facts to impress your mates...

It's a non-exhaustive list of quick fire statistics and soundbites - if you have anything interesting to add - get in touch! 

UK Energy

Decarbonising the UK electricity system

The UK’s electricity grid has decarbonised at a faster rate than other countries in the last decade – with emissions falling twice as quickly as in any other major economy. (Source)

- Emissions from generating electricity have fallen 69% since 2010. (Source)

- The Government has set an ambition for all electricity generation to be decarbonised by 2035, subject to security of supply. (Source)

Goodbye to coal

- Coal was biggest source of power generation as recently as 2014... 

Today's green grid

- Today, around 60% of electricity comes from low-carbon sources, such as renewables and nuclear, with gas accounting for the remaining 40%. (Source)

- 2022 was the second greenest year on record (after 2020 which where several lockdowns helped reduce carbon consumption drastically). (Source)

- In Q1 2023, wind power generated more than gas for the first time in the UK's history. (Source)

- The "greenest day" on record - ie lowest carbon intensity of the grid - was on April 2023 at 33g/kWh. (Source)

Offshore Wind

Every website has a story, and your visitors want to hear yours. This space is a great opportunity to give a full background on who you are, what your team does and what your site has to offer. Double click on the text box to start editing your content and make sure to add all the relevant details you want site visitors to know.

If you’re a business, talk about how you started and share your professional journey. Explain your core values, your commitment to customers and how you stand out from the crowd. Add a photo, gallery or video for even more engagement.

Future Energy

Every website has a story, and your visitors want to hear yours. This space is a great opportunity to give a full background on who you are, what your team does and what your site has to offer. Double click on the text box to start editing your content and make sure to add all the relevant details you want site visitors to know.

If you’re a business, talk about how you started and share your professional journey. Explain your core values, your commitment to customers and how you stand out from the crowd. Add a photo, gallery or video for even more engagement.

bottom of page